Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my blog!  My goal with this blog is to keep you up-to-date with some of my birding outings and whatever else birding related I might want to write about.

I started actively birding earlier this year when I became curious about what kinds of birds were coming to my parents' feeder on St. Joseph Island.  From there, I became curious about what kinds of birds I saw everywhere I went.  Eventually that lead to be going out and looking for birds instead of just keeping a mental note of ones I happened to see.  At the time, I kept a life life and just checked a new one off when I saw it.  Then, earlier this month, I saw a Spotted Sandpiper at Whitefish Island in Sault Ste. Marie.  Since it was extremely late in the year to see a sandpiper here, someone suggested it should enter it on eBird.  It did that and became hooked on the website.  I went entered, with the best of my ability, when and where I had seen birds in the previous months.  From that point on, I have been actively keeping accurate checklists each time I go birding and submitting the data on eBird.

I don't have much more to talk about right now, so maybe you could take this opportunity to take a look at some of my photos instead.  I'm not a great photographer by any means, but I have managed a few decent shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment